Teavana stores everywhere have introduced seven new teas into their lineup. These new "Wellness Teas" were curated and developed to give you a little bit healthier you!
The Wellness Teas officially launched Monday, January 11, 2016, at Teavana stores in the United States and Canada (about 350 Teavana locations).
In case you didn't know, January is National Hot Tea Month! On a cold wintery day, a cup of Rejuvenate or Rev Up Wellness tea might be just what you need. Here are the 7 all-new blends:
- Defense, a blend of white tea, blackberry leaves and amaranth grain, plus 50 percent of your recommended daily value of vitamin C
- Purify, a mix of white tea scented with jasmine and orange petals to promote hydration and an inner glow.
- Rev Up, a blend of second-flush Darjeeling black tea, green tea, and high quality Chinese oolong with notes of peach, apricot, and mango to help support a healthy metabolism
- Serenity, a blend of chamomile, orange and rose petals that will help you unwind before bed
- Rejuvenate, a blend of black tea and yerba maté to help invigorate
- Recover, a detoxifying blend of green tea and mint, plus 50 percent of your recommended daily value of vitamin C
- Comfort, a blend of ginger, spearmint and peppermint to help balance your being
All of these teas are made with all natural ingredients: tea leaves and botanicals come together for great tea! There are no artificial ingredients.
I dropped by a neighborhood Teavana store after work today to check out what's new. Teavana partner Haley and I did a quick little tea tasting of Rejuvenate and Purify.
I didn't add any sugar or other added sweeteners to the teas that I tried.
Rejuvenate was a bit of a chai-like tea to me, in terms of its flavor. This tea is very high caffeine! It'll keep you going! I'm not the biggest fan of chai-type teas but it was an enjoyable tea. It brews up to a beautiful amber color with flavors of black tea and cinnamon. The Rejuvenate has carob pieces in it, giving it a natural sweetness. (Though it's definitely more of a spicy tea than sweeter tea).
We also tried Purify Wellness Tea.Purify brews up to a beautiful pink color and has a fruity, sweet aroma. White tea and jasmine are supposed to be good for hydration for your skin. The tea has a lot of apple flavor to it, as there are small apple pieces in the tea blend. Purify Wellness Tea is a white tea with jasmine and apples and oranges! I really enjoyed this tea and would love to try it iced.
Also, don't forget that you one star per transaction at Teavana, as part of MyStarbucksRewards. You can redeem your rewards at Teavana stores for one-ounce of loose leaf tea or if you're at one of the Teavana tea bar locations, you can get a handcrafted tea beverage as a reward.
Have you tried the Wellness teas? I would love to know what you think! You can also find the Wellness Teas as Teavana.com.
January 12, 2016 is the first-ever "Hot Tea Day" so head to Teavana! Your local stores will be sampling at least one or two of these seven new Wellness Teas.